America the Beautiful quarters were minted from 2010-2021. These coins feature sites of "national or historical significance". These sites are from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the five U.S. Territories.
The standard quarters are made of a clad composition that contains copper and nickel. Clad proof quarters and silver proof quarters were also minted and they sell for more money. Keep reading to learn more about these coins.
These America the Beautiful quarters were minted in order to commemorate national parks and national historic sites. These coins were first released in 2010 after the D.C. and U.S. Territory quarters program ended.
Different series are available. America the Beautiful quarters were minted out of four different mints- Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco, and West Point.
The quarters with the P mint mark were minted out of Philadelphia. Quarters with the D mint mark were minted out of Denver. Quarters with the S mint mark were minted out of San Francisco. Lastly quarters with the W mint mark were minted out of West Point. The mint mark can be found on the obverse side of each coin under the "IN GOD WE TRUST" motto.
The obverse side of the coin features a portrait of George Washington. John Flanagan was the original designer and Mint sculptor William Cousins made modifications. These coins have the same obverse design as the state quarters and the D.C. and U.S. Territory quarters.
The reverse side of each coin features a design related to a national park or national site. Multiple designers were used to create these designs.
The clad quarters and the silver quarters have different values.
Most clad state quarters in circulated condition will only be worth their face value of $0.25. Clad quarters in uncirculated condition can sell for a premium. Clad proof quarters will sell for higher prices.
Any silver America the Beautiful quarter is worth at least its weight in silver. The silver quarters minted from 2010-2018 are 90% silver. The silver quarters minted from 2019-2021 are 99% silver.
Ultimately, the value of an America the Beautiful quarter will depend on its series and its condition. See the list below to learn the value for any individual coin.
- 2010 Grand Canyon Quarter
- 2010 Hot Springs Quarter
- 2010 Mount Hood Quarter
- 2010 Yellowstone Quarter
- 2010 Yosemite Quarter
- 2011 Chickasaw Quarter
- 2011 Gettysburg Quarter
- 2011 Glacier Quarter
- 2011 Olympic Quarter
- 2011 Vicksburg Quarter
- 2012 Acadia Quarter
- 2012 Chaco Culture Quarter
- 2012 Denali Quarter
- 2012 El Yunque Quarter
- 2012 Hawaii Volcanoes Quarter
- 2013 Fort McHenry Quarter
- 2013 Great Basin Quarter
- 2013 Mount Rushmore Quarter
- 2013 Perry's Victory Quarter
- 2013 White Mountain Quarter
- 2014 Arches Quarter
- 2014 Everglades Quarter
- 2014 Great Sand Dunes Quarter
- 2014 Great Smoky Mountains Quarter
- 2014 Shenandoah Quarter
- 2015 Blue Ridge Parkway Quarter
- 2015 Bombay Hook Quarter
- 2015 Homestead Quarter
- 2015 Kisatchie Quarter
- 2015 Saratoga Quarter
- 2016 Cumberland Gap Quarter
- 2016 Fort Moultrie Quarter
- 2016 Harpers Ferry Quarter
- 2016 Shawnee Quarter
- 2016 Theodore Roosevelt Quarter
- 2017 Effigy Mounds Quarter
- 2017 Ellis Island Quarter
- 2017 Frederick Douglass Quarter
- 2017 George Rogers Clark Quarter
- 2017 Ozark Riverways Quarter
- 2018 Apostle Islands Quarter
- 2018 Block Island Quarter
- 2018 Cumberland Island Quarter
- 2018 Pictured Rocks Quarter
- 2018 Voyageurs Quarter
- 2019 American Memorial Park Quarter
- 2019 Lowell Quarter
- 2019 River of No Return Quarter
- 2019 San Antonio Missions Quarter
- 2019 War in the Pacific Quarter
- 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller Quarter
- 2020 National Park of American Samoa Quarter
- 2020 Salt River Bay Quarter
- 2020 Tallgrass Prairie Quarter
- 2020 Weir Farm Quarter
- 2021 Tuskegee Airmen Quarter
The Red Book